Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-08-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
lordstaimot

Everything says click the "Get it" button, but there isn't one! I am trying to get Flight of the Amazon Queen (hopefully not the .1c file I keep getting since ScummVM nor Windows even recognizes this file), but there is no link to download it anywhere here.

Neither on the main game search page or the game description itself. Nowhere is there a "Get it" button that I can find. What am I doing wrong?

QUOTE(lordstaimot @ Aug 2 2007, 12:08 AM) [snapback]302346[/snapback]
Quote:
Everything says click the "Get it" button, but there isn't one! I am trying to get Flight of the Amazon Queen (hopefully not the .1c file I keep getting since ScummVM nor Windows even recognizes this file), but there is no link to download it anywhere here.

Neither on the main game search page or the game description itself. Nowhere is there a "Get it" button that I can find. What am I doing wrong?
[/b]

Ok, so it says "On AR!" instead, which then leads me back to the same crappy Queen.1c file that I cannot add to the "Add Game" list on ScummVM. And no program I can find will open this file. Any help?
lordstaimot is offline                         Send a private message to lordstaimot
Old 01-08-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

FotAQ is now over at Abandonia Reloaded, as it is now freeware and not abandonware. Go to AR and you will find it k:

Or, you can visit the Scumm VM site and (I believe) download it there.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Ok, so it says "On AR!" instead, which then leads me back to the same crappy Queen.1c file that I cannot add to the "Add Game" list on ScummVM. And no program I can find will open this file. Any help?[/b]
it actually leads you to abandonia reloaded

edit: too late
Old 01-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
lordstaimot

QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Aug 2 2007, 12:12 AM) [snapback]302350[/snapback]
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, so it says "On AR!" instead, which then leads me back to the same crappy Queen.1c file that I cannot add to the "Add Game" list on ScummVM. And no program I can find will open this file. Any help?[/b]
it actually leads you to abandonia reloaded

edit: too late
[/b]
Thanks for the fast help there, guys! If only I could play that Queen.1c file on Scumm. Should I post a new topic maybe?
lordstaimot is offline                         Send a private message to lordstaimot
Old 01-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #5
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well you can, thats why the scummvm is for. try downloading the new version
Old 01-08-2007, 11:17 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

If you went to AR and got a file Scumm VM can't read, then your download is probably corrupt. Try downloading it again.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:19 PM   #7
lordstaimot

QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Aug 2 2007, 12:16 AM) [snapback]302353[/snapback]
Quote:
well you can, thats why the scummvm is for. try downloading the new version
[/b]
Very odd... I just downloaded ScummVM from the main site for the first time this very day. 0.10.0 or something. I wonder whats up.

QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Aug 2 2007, 12:17 AM) [snapback]302354[/snapback]
Quote:
If you went to AR and got a file Scumm VM can't read, then your download is probably corrupt. Try downloading it again.
[/b]
Right, I thought that might be it too, but I tried it 3 times. And oddly every site that has this game all link back to the same central download page. I was hoping to find a seperate file here.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

alternative downloads are to be found on the scummvm download page http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #9
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Sorry, you won't find it here, I'd say. As freeware, FotAQ is handled by our sister, Reloaded.

EDIT: AR will send you to the Scumm VM site too. So unless AR's link is broken somehow, it really doesn't matter which site you go to first.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #10
lordstaimot

QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Aug 2 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]302358[/snapback]
Quote:
Sorry, you won't find it here, I'd say. As freeware, FotAQ is handled by our sister, Reloaded.

EDIT: AR will send you to the Scumm VM site too. So unless AR's link is broken somehow, it really doesn't matter which site you go to first.
[/b]

Thanks everyone for the help! I am going to try alterate hostings on the ScummVM page.

You guys rule!