Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #1
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

Poking around online (specifically following Gravediggers link to Tex Murphy: Overseer) and looking for a sales page I found a link to Fable for PC. Now this game has intrigued me for quite some time so I was wondering what anyone who has tried the X-Box version thinks of it (I'm a PC only type). It looks like a solid concept and well worth the time and money to buy it, but never having tried the X-Box version I don't know how it plays... so what do y'all think?
Galadrin is offline                         Send a private message to Galadrin
Old 27-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #2
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I have it (the X-Box version), and I love it, though it's way too short.

It can get tedious at times to do certain things... such as getting a wife, and then seducing her, but it's also pretty funny.

All in all, both a beautiful and amusing game, and I really like the fighting.

I've done some research on it, and supposedly if you have a modded X-Box, there are some bits of the game that were never completed that you can still access, though I've never tried that.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 27-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I've got the game on Xbox and I pretty much agree with Tai.
The game is really pretty, it's fun to play, the main theme (by Elfman) is fantastic.
However it is not a very long game, a lot of areas have no use or are only visited once throughout the entire game, but these things can be overlooked. One thing that was very annoying though was the fact that we (the gamers) were promised much more, and throughout the game the gamer is tricked into believing that there will be more... but eventually the gamer is left with just his shattered hopes as the credits scroll past.
The storyline, while very nicely executed, is rather linear (though the creators initially boasted that the game is 100% non-linear and that your actions alone shape the coarse) The only real good/bad decision which defines the ending is made at the very ending (a bit like in Knights of the Old Republic... only less gripping)

But The Lost Chapters should not be mirrored to the original game since the very reason it was created was to set things rightand give the game the way it was supposed to be.
While it is admirable that they decided to work on it so much before releasing it on PC so PC gamers got the opportunity to play the real game, I can't help but feel slightly ripped off since the xbox gamer will still have to pay for The Lost Chapters in full, just to get the experience they payed for in the first place.

I'm by no means a person who condones pirating new games, but for once I kind of understand the people that have already bought Fable for Xbox who would download the game from somewhere, rather than buy it.

All in all if they come through with what they promised and they have actually reworked the main story and gameworld, than Fable: the lost chapters will be a great game. But just to be on the safe side, I'll wait for official reviews and the reactions by gamers.
Old 27-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Cant say anything because i dont have an X-Box.
But i can say this: Go for it!
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 27-08-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Aug 27 2005, 03:29 PM
While it is admirable that they decided to work on it so much before releasing it on PC so PC gamers got the opportunity to play the real game, I can't help but feel slightly ripped off since the xbox gamer will still have to pay for The Lost Chapters in full, just to get the experience they payed for in the first place.
About time is all I can say. PC has been given the short end of the stick on more than one title thanks to X-box. k: (I know, it has happened before to X-Box owners)

But thank you very much for the information guys!
Galadrin is offline                         Send a private message to Galadrin
Old 27-08-2005, 08:14 PM   #6
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadrin@Aug 27 2005, 07:47 PM

About time is all I can say. PC has been given the short end of the stick on more than one title thanks to X-box. k: (I know, it has happened before to X-Box owners)

In this case PC gamers were lucky, for reasons apparent only now.