Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Teemto
Lurker

Default A game with a World of Darkness feel in it

Hi! A huge retrogaming fan and a long time lurker of the site reports in. I was wondering if you could recommend an adventure or a roleplaying game with a similar atmosphre and/or setting with the World of Darkness tabletop roleplaying world (Vampire the Masquerade etc.). And, yes I am aware of the games Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines & Redemption. Thanks in advance.
Teemto is offline                         Send a private message to Teemto
Old 12-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
Vain Vair

I never played the table-top game but I did beat Bloodlines a few times so I get the gist of it. As for games that are like it... I really can't say, as video games set in the WoD world are rare. Other then VTM there are the Hunter Games (Note, link leads to Mobygames "World of Darkness" group, 3 hunter games are a part of it but I never played them.) But if you are willing to extend your reach to just Vampire/Werewolf games that have dark overtones then that's more to work with, say for example, Nocturne and the Legacy Of Kain series, loved all of the LOK games. (Well not Soul Reaver ones as much as the others, but still.)

And if you just want dark horror and want your pants scared off of you i recommended Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Don't know if it was just me but the game is still one of the few that scared the living **** out of me

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"

"Only the insane equates pain with success." - Cheshire Cat
Vain Vair is offline                         Send a private message to Vain Vair
Old 12-09-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

This thread sort of reminds me of VTM: Redemption. I have the game but have never play it. Guess it is high time I play it
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 14-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabadi View Post
This thread sort of reminds me of VTM: Redemption. I have the game but have never play it. Guess it is high time I play it

I didn't like the game too much...
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 15-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Quia View Post

I didn't like the game too much...
I just started playing the game yesterday. I am still very early in the game, and too soon to make a judgement right now, but right away I am bothered by the fact that I cannot played the game with WASD control Strange, it did not bother me that way when I play Dungeon Siege. Maybe it is something to do with the camera work on VTM: Redemption.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 15-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabadi View Post
I just started playing the game yesterday. I am still very early in the game, and too soon to make a judgement right now, but right away I am bothered by the fact that I cannot played the game with WASD control Strange, it did not bother me that way when I play Dungeon Siege. Maybe it is something to do with the camera work on VTM: Redemption.
I always used the mouse to move around Should help with the camera controls as well

As for the main question it has already been stated, that WoD games are really scarce and a few good alternatives have been given, I'd add Noctropolis, for it's gritty and dark atmosphere and Bloodnet, because it's shear awesomeness.