Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Should we do a pic of the month contest?
Yes 31 86.11%
No 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #1
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Ok, so, in enlightentment of the recent Tai vs Magic, Magic vs. Swiss (er Sean, sorry ) I thought maybe we could have a pic of the month contest, meaning that we could vote on a catagorie like music or something, and then you would have a month to make a picture about it with photoshop, paint or whatever you wish, the judges at the time would decide the dimensions, and theres should be more than one judge as to stay away from bias choices.
There could be different catagoirs to score a pic on, I just thought up theese, but we could always add/subtract more

Visual Appeal
Meaning, does it flow well, is it pretty, no bad cutting jobs (ex: white edges) and such. (borders would go here also, but borders shouldn't be requires as it is rather hard to make one in paint)

Accuracy
How well does it relate to the current catagory?

Creativity
How creative is it?

Just an idea, do you think we should do it? Perhaps there could be a prize or something, I dunno, most likely just for fun

Also, in voting, if you would like to participate as in either being a judge or making a picture then please say so.

Additional: Judges may not submit entries, but you aren't a judge forever, so you could always wait until next month

Judges
Tai
The Chosen
Aristharus
Fruit Pie Jones
Sean

Participants
Moogle (me of couse )
Iron Scarecrow
Qunito
Wendy
Fruit Pie Jones
TheGiantMidget
TheVoid
Swiss
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 02-12-2005, 12:15 AM   #2
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

I like the idea. And the fact of making the pic about a cathegory instead of a stricter "theme" I consider an improvement from our previous Abandonia Art Contest.

I wouldn't be a Judge, tho...already been that.

Prize? Marshmallows would be fine.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 02-12-2005, 12:45 AM   #3
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Totally good idea, PA has some great art contest in this vein... hell, most forums do.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 02-12-2005, 04:10 AM   #4
moogle
Abandonia Homie

I was thinking, for the prize (if any) maybe if an admin, say...Tom....LOL though this owuld work, maybe we could have the winner get a custom title for a month, that way they would have incentive to participate further, as for people that already have custom titles (my self, VIPs, etc.) I think the majority of thoose people would like to do it just for fun anyways.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 02-12-2005, 05:32 AM   #5
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I don't see why not. I may even join in on a few with all the free time I have now.

But I made my border in paint, ain't that hard.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 02-12-2005, 07:21 AM   #6
swiss
who's not Swiss

I am alllll for it ... since Magic/Sean and me did that little contest thingy ....
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 02-12-2005, 08:33 AM   #7
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

I hardly ever post to the art forum and I don't even read it that much, but I had to vote on this one. Great idea. I suppose I could be a judge, I don't draw that much anymore, especially not with a computer. It would be fun just to watch without participating in any way, too.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #8
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes!

Maybe I'll find the time to participate k:
Old 02-12-2005, 12:27 PM   #9
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Great idea...sounds like fun. I'd like to contribute a picture...if I can find the motivation. Haven't done anything for ages, but I'd like to try
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 02-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #10
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by moogle@Dec 2 2005, 06:10 AM
I was thinking, for the prize (if any) maybe if an admin, say...Tom....LOL though this owuld work, maybe we could have the winner get a custom title for a month, that way they would have incentive to participate further, as for people that already have custom titles (my self, VIPs, etc.) I think the majority of thoose people would like to do it just for fun anyways.
When I and Strobe held the Abandonia Art Contest, we made a honour badge to be put in the signature. It may be good once again.

TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid