Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Post anything you think is funny that was either accidental or funny in games or life. But if your story is already up here, try to remember something else. We don't need copied images of people floating out there

Hopefully something better than this: One day in Crusader: No Remorse, I accidentally killed myself with a detpack and a mine that I was going to mutilate a guard and vetron unit with. Then, as my corpse fell over, he fell in a hole (with presumably acid at the bottom) and further made me feel horrible. Then, because I am using No Regret's Sound.flx, the sound that is supposed to say: Silencer Terminated, made a scream like a lady in a swivel chair when you blast her. So here I am falling and burning to my soon to be dissolved corpse, and he screams like a girl. How humiliating... :angry:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 27-06-2005, 05:17 PM   #2
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

Accidents occur more often than not.
(Atleast when playing coop with your best friend...)
Had this little incident a few years ago when a friend of mine and I were playin Doom cooperative mode on our playstations. Dont quite remember the name of the level we were playing, but I seem to recall storming a huge swarm of imps that were quite intent on ripping me apart.
I sprinted right through their midst blasting them with my shotgun :evil: only to (barely) make my way through them and seeing this big green ball smacking right in my face... :blink: The imps must have gotten quite a shock as I jumped out from their grasps and right into the BFG shot my friend had sent towards them.
Thin is that only three of the little buggers fell while I was reduced to mincemeat.
*sigh* Guess it was just one of those days... :crazy:
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 27-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #3
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Well, playing COD over the LAN, me and my sister against eachother. I go find a nice water tower, stick myself on top of it and get out a nice, friendly sniper rifle. after about 5 times getting shot coming round the corner, she sees me. I shoot her. after trying every tactic she has I run out of ammo.

crap was my general reaction.

after she started to pwn me.

although for 11 she is good at wargames (AOE, Empire Earth)
Old 27-06-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Haven't we already had a topic like this?
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 27-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
a1s
Hero Gamer

posibly. who cares? :whistle:
there's nothing that can stop semi-spam (the spam that looks like some other product) :twisted:
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 27-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #6
moogle
Abandonia Homie

When playing CS:S I threw a nade and it bounced of the guys face back at me and exploded and killed me. Theres realism for ya...
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 27-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #7
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

And/or stupidity...

My top 'Oh noes!' moment was when, whilst playing Freelancer, I actually targeted a friendly Interspace freighter, right next to planet New York.

All I can say is that the torpedo shot was bad. Bad and wrong. And everyone now hates me in that system....
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 27-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #8
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Jun 27 2005, 08:49 PM
whilst playing Freelancer, I actually targeted a friendly Interspace freighter, right next to planet New York.
Heh, I remember playing Freelancer for the first time. I failed the first mission, why? because I couldn't find out how to dock, I just kept flying through the hoop to no avail.
Old 27-06-2005, 08:02 PM   #9
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Jun 27 2005, 07:49 PM
And/or stupidity...
I don't know whether to laugh or get mad.... :blink: Also, there was when I was playing online warcraft three,, and all my opponent had left after his attack was his hero and worker units...so he went to my based, used the cheapy invulnerability ultimate skill on all his workers...and destroyed me with them.....of the irony....the 2-3 dmg irony....
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 27-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #10
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Just two nights ago, I was flying a Russian early-war campaign in Il-2FB. My flight of three, in which I was the #2 man, set off in our plucky little I-16s to fly a sweep over a bridge that was in danger of falling into German hands. After we failed to encounter any enemy aircraft in the target area, the flight leader directed us back to base, but I wanted to see if I could find some action, so I went down to the deck and soon found a tank column. IDing them as German, I made a strafing pass, knowing full well that my plane's puny armament had very little chance of actually doing any damage. I suppose I was bloodthirsty, as I made several more fruitless runs, taking a few small-caliber AAA hits in the process. I was more of a danger to myself than the AAA, though, as on my final pass I pulled up a little too hard at the bottom of my dive. The Ishak dropped a wing, flipped over, and hit the ground. I slid for several hundred yards, leaving a trail of aircraft parts as I went. When the remains of my plane ground to a halt, I was still alive and could hear the tanks taking potshots at me. I had a few seconds to think "Uh-oh," before one of them scored a hit, and I was blown to kingdom come.

Man, I love that game.