Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 23-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

Another great addition to the site. Sure I remember this one. Nothing spectacular, but definitely fun. Probably the best Arkanoid clone I ever played. :w00t:
Horoma is offline                         Send a private message to Horoma
Old 24-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
Graphics is classical CGA, *NOT*

This game doesn't make any use of EGA graphics adapter. It has really good CGA but it's still CGA.

I remember playing it on my Amstrad PC1512 w/CGA back in 1991...

Old 25-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #4
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

I must be having an off day, tried all the buttons on the keyboard before realising you used the mouse to control, he he....why is the main menu on this game in French, most confusing...um...unless your French.

Nice game, has to be speed corrected on dosbox though, I like slowing it RIGHT down, makes the game soooooo easy, you can go make a sandwich between each bounce of the ball !!!!

nice addition, great early example of a classic game, thanks...not sure about the name though..popcorn????
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 25-08-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

I believe that 'lacral' is a french publisher/developer. Therefore the menu might be in French...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 25-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
Guest_Lutzer_*
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulypoos @ Aug 25 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]250874[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I must be having an off day, tried all the buttons on the keyboard before realising you used the mouse to control, he he....why is the main menu on this game in French, most confusing...um...unless your French.

Nice game, has to be speed corrected on dosbox though, I like slowing it RIGHT down, makes the game soooooo easy, you can go make a sandwich between each bounce of the ball !!!!

nice addition, great early example of a classic game, thanks...not sure about the name though..popcorn????
[/b]
It's from a song : Popcorn (surprise)

http://dot.kelder.net/~jones/popcorn/mp3/1...kingsley_lp.mp3

Old 26-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
guesst
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Lutzer_* @ Aug 25 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]250975[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulypoos @ Aug 25 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]250874[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
It's from a song : Popcorn (surprise)

[/b][/quote]
Nice sample of the song. Who did the original version of popcorn? Who did the most famous? It's been redone about a million times, I think even that crazy frog themed techno remixer did one. I seem to remember one of the people who did the music for Star Control 2 said that anyone who makes mod format music has done a version of this song.

P.S. Edited the review to correctly identify the graphics as CGA not EGA, and changed the genre to the crypt where all CGA games belong. Ha ha ha, another game claimed by The Crypt keeper. (If I was wrong to do this just PM me and I'll move it back and edit this post.)
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 27-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #8
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Aug 26 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]251094[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Nice sample of the song. Who did the original version of popcorn? Who did the most famous? It's been redone about a million times, I think even that crazy frog themed techno remixer did one. I seem to remember one of the people who did the music for Star Control 2 said that anyone who makes mod format music has done a version of this song.
[/b]
Just google for that name, Gershon Kingsley, you'll soon discover that he made the original version, which happens to be the most famous AND the best verision too.
Horoma is offline                         Send a private message to Horoma
Old 02-09-2006, 12:16 PM   #9

Never thought I'd see this one again - used to play it on summer holidays in France, on my grandfather's Amstrad!

Nice work.

Old 12-09-2006, 06:52 AM   #10

I remember my uncle playing this one when I was really young (about 5 years old).