View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #53
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
For anyone having troubles with the subway train there are a few solutions..well two.

1. Raise the cycles of Dosbox to a higher amount. Ctrl+F12 will help you there. Or try giving this a read "Dosbox Tutorial" and preset your Dosbox to a higher cycle.

2. Delete your archive, and redownload the updated version from here, make sure you run the crack.com (not iuccrack.com, but it can't hurt from what I have seen.) before you play the game. Remember step one, cycles up folks.

Any saves from a bugged train game will not work and I mean any. The train part isn't far into the game so you won't have to replay much and it's better then never playing the game at all.
After we talked Darth, i played the game some more. After I ended my session and exited the game, I tried to continue it only to find that I again couldn't enter the train. I found that really strange, because I had a clean archive with no corrupt saves and files. So I thought it might be a bug related to an item in the inventory or to some action I performed only occasionally.

Turns out it really is an issue with cycles. I have this habit of starting a game with the default 3000 cycles, and later based on the game's performance increase or decrease them. No wonder it didn't work for me most of the times and it worked for you all the time! Your default number of cycles is 10000, while mine is only 3000. The trick is that instead of regulating the cycles after starting the game (like I did most of the time), we should increase the cycles to at least 6000 before you run the game executable.

A simple answer as always...