View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrybKeeper View Post
LOL, what happened to Abandonia?! Nearly all the great games have been "sold"! Why? This is simply ridiculous! I can purchase much newer games on Amazon, Steam and various other places for the same price.
Recognize that Abandonia never had legal rights - or even permission - to distribute any of those games in the first place.
We are trying to do the right thing: if something is sold from a legitimate source, it's not abandonware. Consequently, when someone DOES get the rights, we link back to them instead of providing downloads of the game(s) in questionl;

Quote:
To top that off, any game that is still abandonware, will not mount to DosBox in Vista. Maybe I need to do some research into why this is? Every game I download, has no EXE file in it. Even when I find some obscure EXE file and dragNdrop to DB, it gives an error. trying to execute them without DB doesn't work either, as the file formats are not recognized. I am not very attached to Vista and this is a temp machine, until we get moved into the new house.
There is something wrong either with your machine or the archives you are trying to download.
Remember, though, that drag & drop is not recommended for multiple reasons. See link for something more effective but similarly convenient in the long run: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28964 (requires some initial setup, but done right the configs can be exchanged between different machines)
Tell you what, post a thread in Troubleshooting specifying the games you got from here and are trying to run. We have added a number of CD-rips lately that contain most (or even all) data from the disc but require some additional steps to run properly in DOSBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 07-07-2013 at 10:37 AM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman