View Single Post
Old 24-04-2005, 06:55 PM   #8
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I'm sorry, but PC Zone is unfiltered crap compared to PC Gamer. The reviews lack real feeling and they are a 'gimmicky' magazine. Their only claim to fame is that they're PC Gamer's only real rivals.

PC Gamer has good reviews, very skilled writers and a lot about the mod scene. Abandonia and HoTU have both been mentioned at least twice in the last 6 months, you should be grateful for that.

I was actually in PC Gamer. I can't remember the exact issue number, but the Letter of the Month was a reply to Michael Gerber's scathing thoughts on PC Games involving praying for the souls of each computer game character that he killed (I'm pretty sure that it was a joke, though).

I was given an honourable mention, but my letter was on the disks in the 'Cables extended'. I was pretty pleased with that. Joseph Brereton, York, Opflashpoint100@hotmail.com, it will probably say at the bottom (I never read my own letter, but it was on there and they left my email address on by accident).

Also Gary Whitta is a total tit. I have read reviews by him and he is crap. Just say no, kids.

For the guy who was asking, PC Gamer UK is a really well written PC Games magazine, with as much life as text and paper can give it. It even had people reviewing the magazine (John Romero, Peter Meyonleux, that kind of thing), which was really cool.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks