View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 03:02 PM   #10
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

This is very sad, but not really unexpected since he's been suffering of Parkinson for almost 12 years if I'm not mistaken, and had to be taken to hospital even more often on last months.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikael
I hope the next one will have a more modern point-of-view though.
He's been more modern than a lot of actual candidates for his seat. He's a Pope much loved by young people, since he deeply loved them. He started many youth meetings, the most famous should be "World's Youth Day"(my personal translation from Italian, dunno if it's correct).
About the condoms, well, they break in fact one of the main rules of Catholic Church, which is the respect of life in all his forms (and condoms do in fact prevent births), and the same goes for abortion. Condoms and abortion are a custom of contemporary age, while these rules I told about before have been written to be "eternal".
The counter of the medal is illnesses such as Hiv infection and unwanted births by mothers who cannot afford to raise their baby, and more. I'm for laicism, condoms and abortions (when absolutely necessary), but you can't expect the Chief of a Church to go against his own church's beliefs.

He's a holy man if I've ever seen one, and I'll be happy if the next Pope will be half as good as John Paul II.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid