View Single Post
Old 30-03-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
Rugz

I have played a lot of RPG's since 1988 starting from magic candle and going to diablo and finally ending on world of warcraft.

During this time i have analyzed these games and found out that though most of them were fun but the most addictive one was Everquest because of its extremly vast numbers of bosses to kill, hard to attain loot (which inturn you use to kill even bigger bosses) and almost an endless character progression in terms of new skills and spells.

Ofcourse these MMORPGS are online, so i was wondering is there a game which comes close to these games in terms of gameplay but is playable offline ?

A game that come to my mind is Elderscrolls III:Morrowind.

Though from reviews etc it looked like everquest yet actually it was very boring. It was huge and it took hell lot of time to travel in it and with no clue where to go it took hours just stumbling around (considering EQ is 10 times it size yet it takes 5-10 min to get to most places at max).
I didnt find any fascinating loot in game either something that would crave me to explore the game.

So i ask you gamers is there an open ended RPG out there thats addictive coz of its character development/spells/equipment/bosses or gameplay ?

Please let me know thanks
Rugz is offline                         Send a private message to Rugz