View Single Post
Old 27-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #527
dunkellic

well, i only use laser rifles at the beginning.
then i switch as fast as possible to plasma rifles and a bit later i equip every soldier with heavy plasmas.

i donīt get it why everyone always says: OH NO, safe the elerium, instead of producing plasma clips use laser rifles

i mean, at the beginning you get more than enough plasmarifles + ammoclips from dead aliens at the end of the mission.
and some months later the only thing that aliens drop are heavy plasmas + clips.
i always have my soldier carrying two clips around and until now i never needed to reload. even if you use autofire, at the point where your men use heavyplasmas they should already be enough skilled to hit at least with one of the three autoshots.

i never build any clips during a campaing simply because i get enough from alien crash sites/landing sites/terror sites.
i even have a "emergency"storage at my mainbase with about 120 clips.

the standart equipment for any of my men/women is: amor (as soon as possible flying) heavy plasma + 2 clips and two alien grenades.
of course, at the beginning i switch to laserweapons first then to plasma rifles and then to heavy plasmas

ps: the only enemy where plasma weapons get penalties is the sectopod (and thats the only one as far as i can remember)

ps2: yesterday i tested the lasergun (for aircrafts) and....wow, itīs pretty useless with that range^^
dunkellic is offline                         Send a private message to dunkellic