Thread: A Song.
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Midi is always a dicey way to distribute your music as it can sound so different on other systems. However, people are more likely to download a small file than a large one, so it's a trade off. When this song started, I didn't want to like it as the piano sample on this laptop sounds pretty primitive. But when the chorus voices were added, it was a whole other story. Very nice. Mirroring the piano with chorus voices worked beautifully as it thickened the sound and took away the stacatto effect of the piano. the melody is a very rousing one and I enjoyed listening to it. The percussion sounded a bit tinny on this laptop and the ending was a disappointment. What about adding some strings to increase the emotional pull?
About mid-way the chorus voices needed to be faded out instead of held with no decrease in volume - IMHO.

Interesting bass line, I thought, but I'd like it to rumble a little more instead of sounding 'plucked'. Then the ending might work...especially if there was echo added. You can add echo without using the echo effect. Just add another track and channel and lower the volume on the second bass (which is the echo) and have it play a second or two after the first...you can add a third bass line in this way, and have it play a second or two after the second bass line and with the volume diminished even further. In regard to the ending, I'd repeat that section of bass a few times allowing it to fade out gradually.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree