View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 12:37 PM   #576
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Galador

Poland made an adventure-game. Classic Point&Click style.
There is an action-selection bar, but it's not inconvenient, and that you only get 1-2 puzzles the same time, and are limited to 9 items by design (meaning you simply can't get more, so your inventory won't be flooded with useless red herrings) is an advantage.
Otherwise you clearly see they knew some western games, like Discworld, or Broken Sword and such.
Unfortunately they also knew Sierra's game-design, so you have all the hated tropes of adventure games: pixel-hunting, necessary to repeat actions without warning, quicktime events, moon-logic - they even manage to lead you in one quest, then leave you hang around with no clues that you must do this other puzzle to catch up with this so you can solve the dragon task...

But all in all, everything in this game is familiar adventure game design, so I rate it 4 out of 5, with a warning.

PS: it's an annoying feture that your inventory pops up if you bring the cursor to the top of the screen. And yes, that's how you access it.

PPS: I waited 20+ years to play this game, and I like the world, the style, the humor - I just don't like the puzzles.