View Single Post
Old 25-09-2014, 02:44 AM   #3
agenthunk
Forum hobbit

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
There needn't be anything wrong, capturing video does always take a lot of power out of DOSBox. Even taking a screenshot makes it stutter. DOSBox uses always the ZMBV codec, you have no other option; it must be installed, otherwise you wouldn't be able to capture video at all.

But one thing you can try is a different value for [sdl]output, and hope it makes some difference.

Otherwise you may want to try capturing video while fullscreen with another 3rd party program or utility from your graphic card manufacturer, which could be more efficient than DOSBox regarding direct hardware acceleration.
hello

I went to the video codec file after i went to windows 8.1 start menu and install there with no success.it kept saying -

(copy error -setup cannot copy the zmbv.inf file -ensure that the location specified below is correct,or change it and insert ;zip motion block vdeo codec in the drive you specify')

.anyway I went instead to the dosbox file folder in c:drive then video codec file then zmbv.inf and left click ,then install and i think it worked.i checked program uninstall and features and it is at the bottom saying 'zip motion block video codec (remove only).so i figured it out after researching how to do it.

frankly i did'nt know any other way to figure out what to specify in that error copy dialogue box so i went to the file location and did it oldschool way.

And thanks for the tip on the power usage and the third party video copy software.that helps to know

Possible values: surface, overlay, opengl, openglnb, ddraw.

which one might work best for my machine?

Last edited by agenthunk; 25-09-2014 at 04:15 AM.
agenthunk is offline                         Send a private message to agenthunk