View Single Post
Old 28-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
gufetto
Forum hobbit

Thanks for the suggestions!
Perhaps I should've mentioned that I have already played Abuse, Lion and Crusader. My fault. :P

And in fact, I liked all of them, so those would've been very good suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
"Platform games" is a very broad description, from your examples I guess you don't mean Mario-like? I could say Flashback and the like but those have many puzzles and you seem to want pure action?
I tend to prefer action to puzzles, but if a game's good like Flashback, I might endure the puzzles to keep going.

Think about "Ecco the dolphin": it's a puzzle game and a frustratingly difficult one at it, too. But I just loved being an actual dolphin and playing in a full nature setting, so I still played that game a lot.

Quote:
"Fighting games" is equally broad, we could say millions. Any special characteristic that you like?

I really do like all kinds of fighting games. Which is why I was sure I hadn't missed any, but then "Xenophage: Alien Bloodsport" showed up!

Quote:
And what are your other requirements besides "classic", and what do you mean by that (year range)? There are millions of games that could be suggested to fit your requirements only for PC, and are you interested in other platforms?

Well, I have a PSX, a PS2, a PSP and a PS3.

To further specify, I tend to like games with unusual main characters. I like Xenophage and Ecco and Wolf and Battlebeast and Primal Rage and Bloody Roar and Alien Rampage etc. etc. because the protagonist is or can be a non-human creature.
I think it must be a reminiscence of when I was a little kid and loved cartoons with animals.

I don't like it however when the protagonist is an antrophomorfized cartoony animal, like in Brutal: Paws Of Fury or in Aero the Acro-bat and so on.

So I guess I'm asking if there's any other platform game or fighting game of somekind with this kind of protagonist.

Really, this all started when I discovered Xenophage and thought "what? How'd I miss this game back in the days? Are there more that I didn't know about??"