View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Arrow Hello Again, Nuts.

Quote:
I started re-watching the classic series after it was mentioned here some weeks ago, because I have no other show to watch right now.
I believe it was me that did that, eh?
You can tell whoever it is that's annoyed with the bouncy "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" theme echoing through the house that Staaviins put you up to it, and if they want to speak to him, sign up for the AB forums or shoot him a message at staaviinsz@yahoo.com.

Quote:
It wasn't one of the most influential TV shows in my childhood, but I found that the opening song was burned in my memory.
The theme is everybody's Godzilla. You're not alone.

WARNING***WARNING***WARNING***
ACTUAL INFO FROM STAAVIINSZ INCOMING! AND FAST!

In other words, a lot of people remember the theme the most as well as you.

***END REAL INFO***

Quote:
I've always been unable to follow a series on TV anyway, and I've forgotten a lot of the TV that I watched back then.
What? You don't remember He-Man & the Masters of the Universe?

Star Blazers?

Power Rangers?

Pokemon?

Spider-Man (1994)?

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future?

Shame on you, Mon frere.

Quote:
I've just taken a look at the original comics but I found them very different to the rest, the plots and themes are all over the place in different books, and the art was better on TV (specially at the beginning, later they relaxed the quality and also made the art more childish).
The comics situation varies greatly for the turtles. Overall, you can expect Darker, more serious characters, though.

It all depends on what you get. The original incarnation of the turtles was actually pretty dark, had Black and White art, and was very serious.

I suppose when someone had an idea to make a cartoon series of it, they felt that it needed a re-vamp since cartoons shows of that time very usually very bright in some sense of the word. (SEE: G.I. Joe & Jem)

Even Mortal Kombat as a cartoon was pretty tame, (Which isn't a bad thing)
which is a little ironic since the violence of the show was probably less than the violence of the video game!

Anyway though, you can find the classic 80's turtles in comic form on occasion. Look for: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures
or something like that.

I don't remember the art becoming more relaxed but I do remember changes in the show.

Near the end, I guess certain people were taking more creative control, and slowly making it darker and darker. By season 8 or so, It was like a different show, almost. They didn't go all the way until after it was canceled, and they revived it in 2003.

After the revival, it was hopelessly changed. Even the 2003 show went through many changes, getting lighter and darker at the poke of a nose (Flip of a coin).

I personally like it all, just I like the 80's and 90's version better.

All this talk about it, I should go get some from the library!
Too bad it's not on Netflix Instant...

M.O.!
STUVANI

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ