View Single Post
Old 26-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
Kelbert
Forum hobbit

Default Jet Pac

Quote:

Jet Pac (1983 Speccy / 1984 BBC Micro version)

Hello everyone. i do not really feel like doing a review atm as i am sad but i have been in bed and hiding under the duvet with my laptop while eating blue doritos and guacamole for about 2 hours playing a game that you do not have at abandonia that i think is fun anyway. it is called jet pac [sic] as the title says.
in it you must collect parts to your rocket ship while avoiding coloured um... things.

interestingly the very first games mag charts that came out for spectrum had this game at number 1. idk about the bbc version but who cares right? i mean it is a point of fact that only real geeks would want to discuss which is why i am dropping the subject because i might be a real geek but i am not only a real geek.

also interestingly i am now single ladies so pls form a queue if you want to spend some time with an obese sweating person who rarely leaves the house and refuses to wash or shave more than a few times a month. i also do not flush the toilet every time but i do rinse my hands for 3 seconds under the cold tap before wiping them on my kfc encrusted chinos.
i have joined an internet dating service since i did break up with my gf and you can see my profile and pic here: http://tiny.cc/w77njw

anyway enough of my problems i am sure you are not interested in my plights and trials that involve jet packing about avoiding coloured things in order to collect parts of a rocket ship so i can get to the next level.

one thing i like about being sad and playing old games while in a duvet tent is that it makes me think of all the other stuff that was around that time. for instance this game is from 1984 (the bbc one) and george orwell wrote a nice film about 1984 when he was in the past and it was about going into space to negotiate the removal of an umbrella corp by nuclear disarmament.

here is a scene from the film:

Quote:

:-= the future's bright; the future's a dingy reddy-brown colour =-:

Quote:

so anyway you could give it a whirl because i have found a place to play it online if you really want to see what all the fuss is about.
http://www.twinbee.org/hob/play.php?snap=jetpac

it is nice that some things never change or get better or worse because then it is the same and that is nice.

Last edited by Kelbert; 27-08-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: tiny cc
Kelbert is offline                         Send a private message to Kelbert