View Single Post
Old 29-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #36
Japo
Autonomous human

In case it wasn't obvious, in Arena I'm playing a non magic user (knight). Kind of regretting my career choice, if plate armor (etc, summing up to -53) is as protective as being naked. And I'm stuck at level 17; I thought about exploiting a fire demon spawn point to level up, but I didn't after killing a dozen of them, I swear to God. Arena is a nice game for its time, but honestly I wouldn't bother playing it if it weren't an Elder Scrolls game (RPG isn't my only favored genre anyway).

Daggerfall has a great wow factor (for people who didn't play later TES games before it) because of the free roaming in a virtual world, and I can't imagine how much it had when it came out. But it looks unfinished in parts, and the dungeons can be a deal breaker. When I first played I tried very hard, it wasn't until very very late in the game that I decided to resort to the [] cheat, and I didn't even have the recall spell with that character. Now I don't have the patience to deal with dungeons any longer.

I'm looking into Morrowind mods, I'm trying to do my homework but it sounds like there are many things that could go wrong. Besides it seems I'd need the expansions, which I don't have at the moment. I've taken a look at Planet Elders Scrolls and I've made a first selection:Do you know these? Any of them has more bugs than features? They're highly rated but from some comments you'd think any of them has a number of significant glitches; or is that the tech support echo chamber?

Last edited by Japo; 29-05-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo