Thread: Pirates!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #123
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I agree. I didn't like Pirates Gold. I didn't like the graphics or interface and, if I remember correctly, sailing didn't really have any sound effects of the sea. I grew up playing the IIgs version, which was good, but I agree the Amiga version is probably the best that I played except I think my saves would get corrupted all the time, in UAE anyways. I like the 2004 version, but I still don't think it's as good as the original. It has better graphics, but I remember the Treasure Fleet being lame and there wasn't a Silver Train, and I didn't like how it pretty much spelled out how to get the best rank and gave you a checklist of things to do. I would've rather the game ranked you by setting points for certain accomplishments. Instead, it gets to the point where, for example, once you make all of the gold you need according to the checklist, it becomes pointless to keep gaining gold, and no matter how much more gold you get, it won't help your final rank. I don't know if the previous games were like that since it was always a mystery to me how you gained ranks. But I kind of liked that.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127