Thread: Blood and Magic
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
soo, according to the reviewer, if graphics are 5, sound is 4, gameplay is 3 and interface is 5, how the hell is overall 3?
I'm not a math major? :P

In my mind it's not a simple case of finding the average...it's actually an overall rating for the game, and while I'm saying that the graphics and interface are awesome, the sound is good, the gameplay has some setbacks.

Also, for me, gameplay is definitely the deciding factor in the game. Have you played Ancient Domains of Mystery for example?

I love that game. I obviously wouldn't give it a 5/5 for graphics, probably a 1 or 2, and the sound is non existent...but I would feel the need to give it at least a 4 or 5 in gameplay and definitely at least a 4 overall...because the game itself rocks.

I suppose the graphics and sound are in there more just so that the reader knows what to expect...overall is more like out of all games how does this game rank...is it average, is it excellent, or is it one of the best...a 2 would be a bad experience and a 1...well that's not worth playing or having on this site :P

I guess what I'm saying is that each rating is complete separate from the others, but gameplay typically most closely represents the overall.

Ratings are a pretty relative thing I suppose...sorry bout rambling

Anyone actually play to the last level(gate of the immortals)? I gotta say that was a fun map!
Aramazon is offline                         Send a private message to Aramazon