View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #14
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Killap Download

nuff said

and if youre done with F1 and start playing you can use this too for F2.
Heavily second that. Killap's latest Restoration Patch for Fallout 2 is very recommended. It fixes lots of (still remaining after last official patch) bugs and adds some content that was planned in by the game developers but left unfinished due to lack of time or design decisions. I played Fallout 2 with that patch and everything the patch does fits perfectly into Fallout 2 in my opinion, so I very recommend it.
Also Killap's Patch allows to choose few other, optional things during installation like the already included High Resolution patch (not really necessary), Ammo patch (very recommended since for default armor piercing ammo in Fallout 2 is bugged, even with latest official patch) and some others.

For stats, best to set Strength in both Fallout 1 and 2 not higher than 7, because Power Armor already gives bonus of 3 to Strength, also in Fallout 1 you can raise Strength, Intelligence, Perception and Charisma each for 1 point early enough. So even Strength of 6 should be better the highest amount during character generation, anything higher are wasted points. Better increase Perception or Agility as both are very useful.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty