Thread: Master of Magic
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #752
Oso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Then I could be wrong here. I know that I receiving bigger rewards later in game, and I know that it was smaller (but stronger) armies later on, so I can made wrong conclusion about that.
This is understandable, at least in my opinion The tougher the node/lair/tower, the more developed the stack that destroys it needs to be. That means the tougher sites stay unconquered longer. It is completely understandable that a conclusion that they grow in strength and rewards as the game progresses can be arrived at when in reality they are built that strong at game start.

As far as I can tell, only neutral city garrisons grow in strength and number as the game progresses and if you unsuccessfully attack a site that is populated by death creatures that have life stealing attacks. There you have the potential to have at least some of your army raised as undead defenders after the battle providing stacking limits are not exceeded and also that the raised units do not do not make the population of the site contain more than 2 distinct units. Say you go in with High Men pikemen against ghouls and a Demon Lord. You kill all the ghouls, all your men get killed and when you return you find the site is defended by a Demon Lord and your now undead pikemen.
Oso is offline                         Send a private message to Oso