View Single Post
Old 18-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
The point is, this kind of compression might produce rips complete with music, yet sufficiently small to host on the main site.
Exactly. I put a cue sheet like that together for Alone In The Dark 1 but for some reason the game only played the first track. DOSBox has, as part of their tutorial (see bottom of page), an example of how to do this. They defined the tracks as type "ogg" (which, from what I understand, is some kind of container) but mp3 works as well.

The great thing about that type of cue sheet is that when I went to burn it using Nero, the burning software converted the mp3 files back into waves and I ended up with what amounted to a copy of the original CD (about 330MB if I remember correctly). I could have downloaded the ISO and mp3 tracks at about 80MB. Of course, the size of the mp3 files depends on what bitrate you use when you rip them. Obviously, the higher the bitrate the less loss of fidelity.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer