View Single Post
Old 23-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #231
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by score100 View Post
I really like this game so far, but I oculdn't find a really good guide to the whole game yet. The manual is like 90% background information, but hardly anything about how the game works!

There's just way too much what I'd call "hidden data". I have no idea for example which armor is the best for my character, which weapon does more damage than others etc...its merely guessing.

"Huh? You control development whenever you level up, if I recall correctly. There were never many stats to choose from in the game, but you can choose one of three to increase. Unless I've forgotten how one went, which is always possible."

Apart from that there's nowhere shown that you get exp at all, you also won't hear anything about you're character going a level up. Haven't seen anything for stats increasing yet.

Or is this all because I'm playing in Exult??
"How to play" was included in the quick start card, while the manual provided flavor and background. In those days, you never were told that Sword A was better than Sword B, or that Armor A gave you immunity against Monster C--you had to figure all this out on your own, if you wanted to. There was a guide that came out separately in book form which went over all the numbers, etc, but I never bought it. GameFAQs has walkthroughs with all of that.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin