View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
jg007
Super Freak

only my thoughts on the matter but -

if you are looking for a job I think it is better to realise straight away that there are 100's of people aplying for the same jobs and work at getting one acordingly

1. Apply for as many as you can even if you really want a specific one don't pin all your hopes on getting that one, it is easier to turn down a job offer than wait for a month for a single job only to phone up and be told it was filled weeks ago and nobody bothered contacting you

2. Chase people , be polite about it but if you don't hear back phone or write a polite letter asking if the position has been filled and politely asking for feedback on your interview etc as most people will be happy to let you know where you can improve.

3. As hard as it is chill out and use the spare time that you do have wisely either get in some good relaxing / family time or do some free courses . it is amazing how much you can regret having wasted the time when you do get a job and have no time for anything ! I spent a year unemployed a long time ago and still hate the fact that I wasted all that time that I could really do with now

4. From my POV you can post here any time u like as from my experience it can often be a lot easier talking to people on forums and anything that saves you from holding on to all that irritation is good

5. You might find it hard to do much without cash but do find time ocasionally to go grab a quiet coffee or wander round somewhere u apreciate, whatever u enjoy
jg007 is offline                         Send a private message to jg007