View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #258
NotRegist

I just got done finishing the game with cheats in House Harkonnen.
I must say I was ticked off because I had spent about 8 hours trying to beat it first without cheats before having to just having to install the cheats and be done with it.
First off when I watch Youtube videos the people beating the game are always using a version different from mine (Amiga, Genesis).
When I look at there base I can see that they are not effected by the things I am effected by, I will explain.
When I read a Dune II walkthrough it says that the AI will launch an attack(for me its scripted to start 15 minutes after game start) that lasts somewhere between 15-20 minutes but this is not the case for me, when the computer starts its attack it has somewhere between 10-20 units attacking at ALL times and the attack never ends, in my last attempt (before using serious cheats) I spent 3 hours holding off the AI attack before my cheat money got spent up defending my base and I was destroyed(I had to limit the AI to 0 units to prevent this from happening and finally win the game).
The Max buildings I have are quite low, I can only build the staples such as a refinery, barracks, heavy vehicle factory, no hi tech or palace and then after that I can only build 3 turrets but the people beating the game seam to not have this limitation.
The Enemy Missile always hits my base while mine is like 1/2 the time.

I downloaded the game years ago from I think this site(maybe) anyways I was wondering if anyone is having the same problems I had or if my scenario.pak file was edited to make it super duper hard before I downloaded it.