View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #116
MandrakeMousse

I'm having the same problem with this game on DosBox that I had when I played the original floppy version back in the day. There's a bug that happens during a specific scene involving Yvette Delacroix and Steve Dorian.

SPOILERS just in case...

Shortly after you find the body of Ernie Leach and the dagger of Amon Ra, you encounter Yvette Delacroix crying in her office about how much she loved Ernie. Laura Bow eventually excuses herself to let Yvette grieve in peace, and leaves the office. At this point you're supposed to encounter Steve Dorian outside in the hallway (I must have played this game a LOT as a kid to remember this!). However the bug that happens is Laura leaves the office and is out in the hallway with the Thinker statue, and there's no Steve Dorian there, and the game permanently freezes. I've reloaded time and again but I keep getting stuck in this spot and I can't for the life of me remember what we did originally to get past this glitch because I remember the glitch well, but I also know that I was able to play the game all the way through several times.

Does any one know of this specific glitch and a patch that fixes it? I love this game and I'm bummed that I can't get past that spot.
MandrakeMousse is offline                         Send a private message to MandrakeMousse