Thread: Darklands
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #174
Robsie
Forum hobbit

Thanks for the virtue hint, i only had my new hired healer and the party leader with a high enough religion skill.

For now, the healer allow my party to heal 2 strength points by day spent in the inn (better than the 1 from before his arrival). I will try to make him learn more for his skill when i will have more money.

So far my party is doing well, based at Posen, i recieved words that the removing of a specific Raubritter would do wonders for my troops.

As they progressed quite nicely in chasing thiefs, getting me a nice reputation in the Posen area, i tried to locate the enemy castle.

Finally, after some weeks of unsuccesfull searches but lots of looting on bandits corpses i finally found it in the north of near Bromberg.

Laying siege of it i got it out of external supply and added more enemy corpses under the castle walls.

Then finally the baron and hit last men attacked.
My party managed to get rid of the bandits, but when we got close to their baron , ouch.
Not only he was heavily armored and so very difficult to wound, but his blows made extremely short life of my 4 warriors (nearly 1 hit 1 dead considering they were not really in good shape already before this final battle).

Well, good thing i saved before

Changing tactics, my party climbed on the tower during the night and managed to assault the baron room.
It seems that guy sleep with his heavy armor, as he was in complete armor to recieve me.

The battle was really hard, despite my party was in a better shape than before, the baron knocked out 2 of my warriors (the healer, but this one was not very experienced and the "bow" woman that was not really used to fight in contact and that do not have a lot of endurance) before finally one of my very hurt guy landed the mortal blow.

My leader inherited from the superb plate armor and of the 2 hand big sword.

Too bad his strength is not yet enough as he carry now more than he can (does this has any incident on his fighting capacity ?) .

That's really an awesome piece of game, back in when Darkland was available in my country i was very busy with Arena then Daggerfall and so never got around playing it, but even now it is always a very enjoyable one.

Masterpieces like these seem to be able to stand the test of time as despite the very aged graphics, sounds and interface, you can always play it with great pleasure.

Recently i discovered a witch in her house , dispatched her wolves and knocked her out. To roleplay my devout party, i refused every of the choices and sent her to Posen to atone for her sins and abandon the witchcraft path.

This seems to have not be pleasant to whatever witchcraft authority as they dispatched the Wild Hunt just for me.

I avoided them once (i wonder if my recent fast horses helped, bought with the prize given by Posen for the baron removal) , then found them again on my path, but they were chasing a strange being.
Using my good "wood skilled" Heidi the "bow woman" i managed to lead them into a false prey.

The guy was in fact a naked hairy giant (a Schrat) and he was very happy (i thought i would have to fight him, as just before finding the witch, i was attacked by 4 of them, it was a though fight that got my healer KO again).

He gave me a fruit to eat, the leader being the bravest ate it... and his strength increased , great as he was carrying way too heavy equipment for him.

Unfortunately it is not exactly enough (2 points more would have been better) but that's always nice, especially from those big naked hairy giants that are not as nice when you meet them elsewhere.

Fantastic game.

Last edited by Robsie; 04-06-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Robsie is offline                         Send a private message to Robsie