Thread: Java
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 02:58 PM   #5
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Any programming (VB, C++, Java...) requires good planning. So if you prepare plan based on what you need to accomplish (this one is some sort of global plan), then create pseudo code (in your own language, what you like to do), your programming will then take minimum time, your code will look better, and it will be easier to fix problems.

I have not done much Java in last 2-3 years, but still remember of having a hard time with syntax. I had impression that visual part was also kind of unusual, but have to remember that programs were able to work on any kind of OS, which supports Java.

To make sure that you will not end up debugging, start this process with this:

Answer these questions:

What program supposed to do?

What is my input?

What are my processes?

What output should be?

After that just write down (still in your language) all functions, modules (or whatever you call them) that you will need in this program.

Then take a look if you can find Java commands that will do what you need.

And final step will be writing the code, which at this point should be strait forward.

And end will include testing and debugging.

This is about what we had to learn in data structures and procedures class, which basically includes preparing plan and documentation for problem, and then apply plan to any programming language. (I liked mostly to use C++)

When you done with documentation, post it here, so that we can see it.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue