View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #34
doublejack

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ Sep 5 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]309109[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(doublejack @ Sep 5 2007, 10:59 PM) [snapback]309105[/snapback]
Quote:
As everyone who has some knowledge of computers should know, the only danger to everyone are the sheep that run Microsoft software for their OS.[/b]
Yay thanks for the insult. k: If you didn't like Dosraider's comment there was no need to overreact, it was enough with the arguments you provided. I'm aware of security, my machine is not a zombie thanks for asking, and since malware can't manage to bother me I'm more annoyed by aggro fanboys.
[/b][/quote]

I did not intend to be insulting. If I had, I would of used something like "mindless sheep". I know that there's a massive variety of folks who run Windows, from the very smart / very tech savvy, to those who can barely turn a PC on. "Sheep" was used simply to indicate the "follow the crowd" nature that explains why MS continues to dominate the OS landscape. I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing. The reality is it's just easier to go with the flow versus trying to paddle up stream.

Regardless of the phrasing, I'm 100% correct. The main threat to the internet and computers everywhere is wide spread exploitation of a vulnerability. Ergo, the 90-some percent of computers running Windows are the danger to us all, as they make a very tempting target.
doublejack is offline                         Send a private message to doublejack