View Single Post
Old 15-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #33
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Out of curiosity... what game was that?

Quote:
Out of curiosity... what game was that?
[/b]
Its been a couple years but I am going to find out if you are interested. It was around the time I was playing Toonstruck and Torrin's Passage but I can't remember if it was one of those or another. Only have ever run into it once. Being the underlying architecture is very similar I assumed that it was checking the Win level during installation and game startup.

Quote:
I suggest you use WinImage to back them up, just in case. I had 3,5 floppies break down on me in little over half a decade, despite being used barely once or twice to install the game.
[/b]
I always make copies of my 5.25 on 3.5 when I get my hands on an older 5.25 game and keep the 3.5 and 5.25 in the box with the game. But, you are right, I should use WinImage as well.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer