View Single Post
Old 20-11-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have been planning a new computer for over a year now and I'm finally in a position that I can buy it. Before I do however I would like everyones opinion on it.

Here is what I am planning on buying.

AMD64 3400+
MSI K8N NEO Platinum
Infinion 512MB PC3200 DDR400 (twice)
Sapphire Radeon 9600 SE 128MB
NEC ND-3500 DVD Burner
Antec SLK2650BQE Solution
LOGITECH MX510 Optical Mouse Blue

some notes:

I know the video card is underpowered when compared to the rest of the machine but this was done intentionally. At the moment the video card I would want (ATI 9800 PRO) is very difficult to come by and a little to expensive for my taste. My great brother has offered to buy the 9600 SE from me when I upgrade it to a better one in a few months time.
The choice of memory is limited to the types of memory my mainboard will be able to handle. This type has been tested with the mainboard and works
The choice for a case was a hard one. There was one I liked a lot but it was too expensive. The ones that were as cheap I would like it were no good. I finally choose the Antec one as a good in between model. I little too expensive but a lot better then the competition.

No go ahead and criticize.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles