View Single Post
Old 19-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
yarek

Thumbs up

hiya
it seems that these sort of posts and common, and please correct me if this is the wrong place to post, here it goes.

i played a game couple of years ago, and sadly i cannot remember the name, i will list some info about the game and see if anyone has come across it.

It runs fine on Windows platform, (although it still could be a dos game)
Its of space strategy genre but it is centered around the earth as a planet and your playing field is the universe.
If you click on a planet it regards it a a giant starport, shipyard, research centre, and everything.
I cannot remember but i think you start out a single ship, but it looks like a small grey speck on the screen. it is possible to assign more ships to your fleet once you build them, but i cant remember how it works.

there is a massive tech tree (and this is one of the big points of thing game, the tech tree is so big you have to scroll to the right for ages. it has everything, lasers, phasers, you name it, its there ;) )

The main navigation screen is 2D. (and so is everything else)
When i played it, it had a 90 day demo period. (thats 90 days of in game time - about ~1 hour of play) yet i played it again and again.

hmm what else....

I understand that this is a very vague but feel free to ask as many questions and throw any suggestions.
i can look up screenshots of games and i think i would recognise it.
yarek is offline                         Send a private message to yarek