View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 08:29 AM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tulac @ Nov 2 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]264937[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The problem with Morrowind is it gets boring with time, as your character gets super strong, I always seem to lose the will to play it.
[/b]
I agree to some extent. When your character becomes a walking Juggernaut, it is far from challenging, combat-wise. But to me, the exploring bit is maybe the most important part. I got Tribunal and Bloodmoon, and visited for the first time an island up north, and it WAS really like being a tourist in an exotic land: Creatures I had never seen before, new plants to check out, new ingredients, new monsters, new scenery. It was, for some reason, cool to run up in the snowy mountains with funny foreign names.

EDIT: About power play: I like to create an enchanter/fighter character that will get as many HPs as possible. A Redguard with fav attributes strength and endurance, as well as being born a "Lady" (pun, ok ). I then start off with endurance of 85 and 60 HPs. The first to raise by x5 multipliers, are endurance and strength (for melee damage and carrying capacity). Oh, and I also always deal one to luck.

Main skills: Enchantment, Alchemy, Mystisism, Long Blade, Heavy Armour
Sec. skills: Every magic school except illusion, and speechcraft (for getting the most of trading, basically)

With mystisism I can deal with the opponents' magic, with heavy armour I can deal with physical damage. Of course having a Daedric sword with "restore health 51 on strike" with some 300 charges also help.

BUT: I also like to play a pure sorcerer: High elf with as many magica points as possible. Physically weak, but my, oh my what a cool thing it is to stride forth wearing only a robe (as well as a couple of really neat magical items) and smite my enemies to smithereens just by a casual wave of a hand as I pass by...