Thread: Metal
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Right then, *cracks knuckles* let's address these replies.

I would first off like to sincerely apologize to the general public for leaving off Pantera...you really don't even know how much i'm kicking myself over this :wallbash: .

Shunk Eat Enemy:
Quote:
I'll go with the Knot[/b]
What era of Slipknot are you reffering to? All three albums? Pre-"Subliminal Messages"? "Iowa"?
Because Slipknot completely changed styles in each album...

Wolverine DK:
Quote:
Slayer is like Metallica ripoffs in a bad way, and numetal is quite ordinary and boring[/b]
I couldn't disagree with you more, but i'm not in the mood to make an enemy right now, so i'll just leave it at that.

Deathdude:
Quote:
Slayer, really think they should drop the whole anti religion image. And yes it's an image, Kerry King can write all he wants about it, but in the end it's so forced when it's sung and doesn't look real, and really it's getting old, they haven't put out a good album since 1990 Seasons In the Abyss.
[/b]
The anti-religion image basically is Slayer. If they dropped that, they'd be just like any other death-themed metal band in the world. And while I do agree that Seasons is an awesome album, you're forgetting "God Hates Us All". This one got me into death metal, and really should get better reviews than it has (in my opinion)...I mean, look at my signature, that's from "New Faith" which is undisputedly one of the best Slayer songs ever written.

I can't say anything about Metallica, because to tell you the truth, i've only heard two of their songs: "Enter Sandman" and "Master of Puppets"...the latter being the better one in my opinion.

I also can't mention Iron Maiden because...i've never heard a single song from them...