Thread: Metal
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #4
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Missing 2 very influential bands, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest and heck will even put in Motorhead for leading the wave of British Heavy Metal.

Metallica is without a doubt an influnetial band, Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets and Justice for All, 4 great metal albums, personally though Kill Em All, which got them notice a lot of credit should go to Dave Mustaine for coming up with majority of the riffs and such, Master was their peak though. Now though, they aren't metal anymore imo, just hard rock, since Load it's been downhill for them in terms of music, no longer interest me.

Slayer, really think they should drop the whole anti religion image. And yes it's an image, Kerry King can write all he wants about it, but in the end it's so forced when it's sung and doesn't look real, and really it's getting old, they haven't put out a good album since 1990 Seasons In the Abyss.

Even though Slipknot is nu-metal, technically not metal metal, like other bands because of chord progression and the way they arrange their songs.

My fav bands Iron Maiden, still going strong after all these years, never have come close to selling out, and still one of the best bands today, Dream Theater for being a great band and great set of musicians, John Petrucci FTW! and usually myself just listen mostly to progressive, power or thrash, other favs I like include Megadeth, Queensryche, Strapping Young Lad, The Devin Townsend Band, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Nevermore, Iced Earth, Rhapsody, Kamelot, Stratovarius, Kreator, Demons And Wizards, Sonata Arctica, Dio,

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude