View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #24
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Aug 5 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]246850[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What do you mean, Velik?
[/b]
Abandonware is illegal, it's still copyrighted, whether it's sold or not.

Also HOTU does not host games that are being sold. So shut up the lot of you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(troop18546 @ Aug 4 2006, 08:38 PM) [snapback]246784[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

They were doing illegal sharing of protected and sold games, TH. You yourself had taught me to respect the creator's intensions to help the game not be illegally distributed or downloaded on the internet. I am a fan of abandonware, but you, "sir", are going against your own rule by "convicting" me of not being an abandonware fan, because I do not support HOTU and their wrong-doing. I'm surprised by you. :blink:
If you really want them back so bad, sir, then why not host ESA protected games yourself? <_< You'll be saving Sarinee the trouble.
HOTU, bye bye (I hope).
[/b]
Yeah? Like which ones? If you would type "sword of a samurai" into the search queue at HOTU you would find out that you can't download it because it's ESA protected, so obviously HOTU does not host games people don't want them to host. It's a fact, at some reviews you can even see "we don't host this game anymore because we were asked to not do so"

[...]

Another fact: Abandonware IS illegal, Abandonia is hosting copyrighted games if they're not sold like HOTU. Abandoned = not sold anymore, but that doesn't mean they're not copyrighted. You would have to wait 75 years before they would not be copyrighted anymore.

So please do not say such things anymore, please.

[edit:] I removed the VIP thingy and the swearing shortening ...