View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #20
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost Pig@May 3 2006, 12:14 PM
Sign here

I think that Game Tap could be the third party company you're after; they already do a large amount of titles from a selection of systems and often acquire 'new' titles, the only problem being that it's a monthly subscription, and at no point do you actually get to 'own' the game.

So, maybe it would have been best to write to the people of GameTap and say "Is there any possibility of you ever getting game x on your site?" and then seeing if they're open to suggestion regarding the games they add, as you say though these kinds of requests are much better coming from paying customers.

Thanks for the feedback on the entire petition, it's been a rather interesting education.
Gametap's not the only one although it is perhaps the most successfull so far. But a search for "Games on Demand," which is what this sort of thing calls itself, will find the others like it. Generally I avoid linking to commercial sites that I feel should already be public knowledge to avoid looking like I'm employing the sort of subersive advertising techniques that pervade the modern internet forum.

Did I just contridict myself?

At any rate. It's true that with Games on Demand services (Hmm, the abreviation of that would be G.O.D.S. Maybe I'll just type it out) you don't OWN the game, per se. But then again, you don't legally OWN it when you download it here. However, with Games on Demand services you are allowed to play it any time you want. Isn't that what you want in the first place? To play the game? Sure you don't have a cracked copy sitting in your hard drive, but that's what comprimise is about. This is about meeting on a middle ground here. We get what we want, mostly, and don't break the law to do it.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst