View Single Post
Old 22-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #13
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
You mentioned 1GB much... Pfff. Much is 5GB (F.E.A.R. uses that much diskspace). 1GB was much in 1996, but in 10 years, haven't you noticed a bit of a change in game space?
To be frank, not at all. I still can't fit things I want in one CD, just like when I wanted to copy things on floppy back in the days. I still have to delete things on my HD to make place up all the time. I still get the "your HD is full, want to clean it?" automated Windows message when my HD go under 200 or 300 megs. I still... Well, you get the idea.

The main reason is because the software and games keep expanding at the same time than the HDs capacity. So no, I don't really see a difference.

I still have way more fun playing ADOM than I have in playing your new graphically glorified FPS or shooter which just got out. I still have way more fun playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe than Locomotion... And those games don't take up to 1/8 my HD all alone... Yet, they are timeless gems.

What I hate most when talking about this kind of issue is hearing people saying stupid things like "why do we need to keep playing with those old things?"... Meaning that if something it old, then it's not "hype" or "cool" anymore... Well, if you are that kind of people then by all means continue with your life and live it at 200 km/h... I myself prefer to slow down a little and really enjoy the view instead of simply passing by.