Thread: Website Done
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

@Data: Actually, we had 4 days of PHP, of which 2 were seeing all kinds of plugins and tools. First day, I spent playing Spider Solitaire. Second day, I took my coursebook, went to W3schools and Php.net and started learning it myself. If it were up to what I've been thought in that course, I wouldn't be able to make a connection to an SQL database yet (just like what some of my fellow cursists've been asking me 'bout) What really was helpful, were the SQL classes we had, but that was from a different instructor As for the website assignments... we had two of them, and even after explicitely asking for feedback on them, didn't get them. We were told we wouldn't get homework (some of the cursists're moms with kids, so they don't have any time for homework when they're home), but that instructor still gave that, without actually correcting it. Shows exactly how well he's done his job.

@Maikel: I know. I'm a bit embarrassed 'bout that, but it's not my work. I suggested to make it smaller, but got told to keep it as it is. I know it's too big and too wide. It takes 1/4th of my current screen, purely header, plus it really does look too rough. At any rate, it's not my responsibility, and even if it were, I've been told not to do anything 'bout it.

@Bobbin: Been thinking 'bout that. I kinda forgot that :whistle: I might make a quick patch for that (been sending one patch after another, as she keeps whining 'bout this or that needing to be added in or changed, even though she initially said it to be different... like the gallery not needing text links, but thumbnails, then the next day it needing text links, not thumbnails) I can fix that with just another patch.

@Gelfo: A what now?

@Kearnsy: There shouldn't be any white words in there... Nor yellow :blink:
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki