View Single Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #1
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh
Thumbs down

"425 Cannot open data connection (10060)"

This is my problem. The FTP service on my computer just seized working some time ago. It won't list the remote directory contents. It DOES log in, send-recieve commands but it simply wont do the directory listing. There may be some problems with setting up the data connection.
Here, this is a log from today:

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005
[R] Connecting to *some server* -> DNS=*some server* PORT=21
[R] Connected to *some server*
[R] 220 BulletProof FTP Server ready ...
[R] USER *user*
[R] 331 Password required for *user*.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 230 User *user* logged in.
[R] SYST
[R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[R] FEAT
[R] 211-Extensions supported:
[R] CLNT
[R] MDTM
[R] PASV
[R] REST STREAM
[R] SIZE
[R] 211 End.
[R] CLNT FlashFXP 3.2.0.1080
[R] 200 "FlashFXP 3.2.0.1080" noted.
[R] CWD /MP3/
[R] 250 CWD command successful. "/MP3" is current directory.
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/MP3" is current directory.
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 Type set to A.
[R] PORT 192,168,1,124,8,144
[R] 200 Port command successful.
[R] LIST -al
[R] 150 Opening data connection for directory list.
[R] 425 Cannot open data connection (10060).
[R] List Complete: 0 bytes in 23,33 seconds (0,0 KB/s)

and sometimes I get

[R] List error

This was a log from FlashFXP 3.2.0.1080. But the same happens in Windows's explorer, it wont list the directory giving me an error message saying there was an error when getting directory contents. SO the server IS THERE but I cannot get the contents of the directory for whatever reason.

Moreover, all the applications that need somekinda FTP connection seized working saying they can't download updates or whatever...

I tried everything I could. I turned off my firewall(NIS) and the windows one too(SP2). Even if turned off I opened port 20 and 21 in both firewalls. I opened the FTP ports in every single method I could. The university uses a proxy but it is set up correctly and nothing changed with that since last september, but the FTP is not working for 3 weeks now so the proxy is not the bad guy. I tired to sitch PASV mode on and off but no effect.

What I didn't tried: Registry tweaking, that's simply not my cup of tea. Reinstalling windows, wish I DON'T plan to do in the near future since everything else is working fine. And some more things that I don't know of, hence I'm here asking for help

If anybody knows something that can be of some help, please share...

thanks in advance...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh