Thread: Linux Install ?
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
chickenman
Hero Gamer

ROFL but then I would need to download and burn a Live CD, anyways the real test is with the install, then I have to see if Windows XP will restore as normal from the OEM CD.

It may all sound fine to you but what if the OEM DVD does no longer work, I have to go out and buy a normal Windows XP CD, and my parents would not be happy about that at all, seeing as this PC is only about a month old.

It's likely Linux was not the cause of that problem but I don't want to risk it, and at the end of the day I want a fully working XP system even though I love Linux I can't lose XP.

So if any of you can give me some proof that installing ubuntu Linux will cause no problem with the OEM DVD then I would be most happy.

P.S: I now remember something, I tryed to do a selected startup using my old OEM CD's, does any one think this may have been the cause ?, because I find it hard to see how mstools.exe went missing from the CD, I was not aware that files could be deleted from CD's

EDIT:
Ok just done a quick search of my restore CD 1 and found no mstools.exe
chickenman is offline                         Send a private message to chickenman