Thread: My New Midi
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2005, 12:51 AM   #19
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Another good creation. I'll give some comments, but I'll try to keep them short.

I noticed you brought back your melody from the other song, or something very very similar to that motif around measure 21 and 45. That made me smile. The underlying chord progressions did get a little monotonous. I understand what you are trying to do by laying down a chord structure and then changing what goes on over the top of it, but remember...a jam can only go on for so long before it gets kinda boring. It would have been cool to start as you did (in the key of G I think?) and then have modulated to another key, or change the progression around a bit. The only thing you have keeping it from being extremely boring is that guitar solo that comes in. Even the harp line that does the variations kind of ends up doing the same thing over and over. Variation needs to happen in chord structure and rhythm, not just notes.

The melody seemed very similar to the pentatonic scale, which is fine if you want it to sound asian/japanese.

Over all, it was good. Just remember to change things up so it's not soooo repetitive.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ