View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 08:09 AM   #1
a1s
Hero Gamer

Thumbs down

The main site has been translated into 9 languages already. 10 more are awaiting their turn, so it would only be fair to call the site multilingual (of many languages) in addition to multinational (of many nations) wouldn't it?
Off course I'm not proposing to translate the whole forum to different languages (I used to be a translator myself, so I know what a pain in the fifth point it would be), what I propose is much simpler: opening special parts of forum for the supported languages, so that our non English members could get part of the support our community provides. some will say that they can do it already, however I've seen a few threads where those people tried to post, to my deep shock the same member who are so tolerant and kind (even to such antisocial elements as the recent spammer adamaster who despite breaking every rule in existence was still given more than her fair share of chances) were saying things that could be summarized in the phrase "speak our language go get lost, @sshole! :angry: ", the same people who discuss subway bombings thousands of miles away as if they happened next door, were seemingly forgetting that more than 80% of world population does NOT speak English.
So let me say what exactly I'm proposing:
1) Subsection on the forum for each language of the site.
2) A mod who speaks the language (preferably native speaker) for each one.
3) A link from the main page in each language to this forum.
4?) Possibly cookies for the people involved
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s