Thread: Dosbox Probs
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
britneylou

Wink

I've downloaded the DOSbox program following the tutorial to a T, and although it's up and running, it doesn't start up with a C:\, but a Z:\ which i understand is the basic system drive. now, i sorted that prob by going to intro and mounting the c-drive, but when i search the directory it goes straight to the main c-drive directory - i.e. my whole hard drive, rather than the '4 lines of output' which the tutorial says should appear. Am i doing something cringingly wrong here?Well, i am a girl after all, and doing all this is a bit new to me.
Also, when i've tried to overlook this prob by downloading the suggested tutorial game 'flashback', i had problems with saving the game as my computer unzips files with extraction wizard rather than win-zip. Should this really be a problem? Tried with another game or two but then when it comes to running it in DOS, there's no install or run option. AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! this probably doesnt make sense but would v much appreciate any guidance cos i want to play police quest, like, now!!!!

x x x britters x x
britneylou is offline                         Send a private message to britneylou