View Single Post
Old 21-06-2005, 04:32 AM   #30
Ainslee

Hi,

Yes, I agree, this game is awesome. I've been playing it for ages.

MY TIPS...

Keys and Mouse combos. In battle use your mouse to fire your cannons (always fire them seperately - single cannons - that way you have a better chance of hitting your enemy) and use the keyboard to steer your ship. 'Z' and 'C' will turn you left and right, 'S' will raise or lower your sails, and 'A' and 'D' will fire your cannons (when they are not banked).

Spend big on firepower - you cannot have too many small arms aboard ship. I always upgrade my cannons to Demi-Cannons. They punch big holes in your opponents, and fast. Never hire apprentices. Always choose Sailors.

Buy ammo in the carribean - and food, as its cheeeap there.

Try the New York to Shanghai ARMS route for some big bucks. You make a profit of 200 gold pieces per unit you carry.

Sailing long distances is easy, just avoid the pirates. When sailing from South America, to Asia drop down to the low part of the maps and follow the arrows. Not so many ships down there to avoid.

Carry your money with you & save often.

Advancing through this game depends on money, and buying estates. So make as much as you can. Avoid corvettes and frigates. Buy ships with the largest holds possible, and find the most profitable trade runs.

When attacked, run first. Then look behind you to figure out if its worth fighting. Battles are fun, but they can be costly, and leave you in trouble, especially on the open sea.