View Single Post
Old 17-05-2005, 12:09 AM   #25
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by lucky bob@May 7 2005, 03:55 AM
how do u properly fight pirates and other ships? everytimg a ship approaches i just fire the cannons on the side the ship is on. is there a way of doing this or am i doing something wrong?
Thats pretty much the way to do it..use the round to damage them by punching holes in them. Use the Chain to rip apart their sails, and use the grape shot to rip their crew to shreds.

since you can't take their ship...don't hesitate to do damage, just don't sink her if you want the cargo. Be sure not to overkill with huge cannons on a little ship. You have to pay for your ammo afterall and taking the ship helps with cost.

you can also get close to board and thats when you can clean out their cargo. This works best with ships the same size or smaller than you, otherwise you may find that you are the one being boarded. I hear you can get boarded without firing a shot if you are unarmed, but never tried that

Soldiers and Sailors are the best for piracy, apprentices are best left drinking at the bar.

Don't forget to repair your ship in port, Upgrade your cannons if you like to use them in your attacks. buy plenty of ammo of all kinds and small arms for your boarding party (be generous to your firepower, you'll thank me later.)

You will increase loyalty and daring by attacking nations that you are at war with, so you can prowl their waters if you want to try piracy, but stay close to a friendly port during times of war. Attack pirates whenever you have the firepower to do so if you want to get some prestige as well as "free" cargo.

Hope this helps ya mate, forgive me if I tell ya things you already know of course
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian