Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I Don't Believe It. (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10926)

Grinder 04-07-2006 09:48 AM

Should a former Admin be allowed to say something like this?
Topic on AR

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Jul 3 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]34524[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I have to agree to that. I've more or less stopped going to the other site. This place rocks! :D
[/b]

Iron_Scarecrow 04-07-2006 09:54 AM

LOL

What's this about former Admin?

Blood-Pigggy 04-07-2006 09:57 AM

Did we have to bring the discussion over here?
Now Kosta will explode Tom.

Look what you has done.

U-Boat Commander David 04-07-2006 10:55 AM

Ho-ly Crap! I never thought something would be Possible...God.

Edit: Abandonware is better than Freeware cos Abandonware are Actuall Games! Freeware is Crap from someone who does this as Hobby. And, most of the time, Freeware is Crappy. Legal or Illegal does not Matter!

Himmler 04-07-2006 10:59 AM

well most of his friends are there ...so i guess he would be bored here... :whistling:

Blood-Pigggy 04-07-2006 11:08 AM

What are you talking about David? Freeware is great.

_r.u.s.s. 04-07-2006 11:13 AM

yes, piggy is right. what's so wrong about freeware? it doesn't matter if someone does the game as a hobby or as a work. some freeware games are realy great and belong to my favourites. but anyways, abandonware is waaay better=P

Tom Henrik 04-07-2006 11:14 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grinder @ Jul 4 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback]241388[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Should a former Admin be allowed to say something like this?
[/b]
*looks at title under my avatar*

Anyways, I honestly never expected that that statement of mine would be disrespectful to AB. Nor was that my intention. If someone feels hurt by that statement, then I apologize.

But I would also like to point to the entire conversation, which starts here.

All I did was welcomming a new member on AR, and try to make him feel at home in a forum, that I personally feel is really great. But I can see that that statement started a huge fuss, both in this topic, and in the introduce yourself topic - and, again, I apologize for that.

However, when the truth has to be said, I am an admin on both sites. The only difference (and the one I referred to in that post) is that I don't socialize on the AB forum anymore. Lately I have recieved so many threats from old members, and people have entered my MSN to start ranting at me for every single thing that I do on the AB forum - so yes, I do prefer socializing on AR. The atmosphere over there is much more to my liking. I still do my chores as an Admin on AB. Mostly this concists of banning bots, and help the moderators do their jobs. But also to do anything else that needs to be done, like addressing people who are breaking the rules.

And I still don't see where I was disrespectful in my post. I did not say that the AB forums is a horrid place - in fact, I encouraged the new AR member to join the AB forum. What I did do was state my personal preference. I did not throw any crap either way, but plainly said that I personally visit the AR forum more.

It's like a guy saying that he spends more time at his summer house, than he does in his real house.

Not once did I say anything bad about this forum, so I can't see the disrespect, but as I said: If anyone feels hurt by that statement, then I apologize.

Blood-Pigggy 04-07-2006 11:18 AM

Tom, I believe this a is a joke, and if it isn't, then I was joking, not so sure about anybody else :D

The Fifth Horseman 04-07-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

yes, piggy is right. what's so wrong about freeware? it doesn't matter if someone does the game as a hobby or as a work. some freeware games are realy great and belong to my favourites. but anyways, abandonware is waaay better[/b]
There are many good Freeware titles, and unfortunately ten times that number of bad ones. (which fortunately never make it to AR)

I don't see how Tom's post could be disrespectful, as he merely stated he enjoys AR much more then the original Abandonia - something he has all the right to.

The current time is 12:10 PM (GMT)