Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Should a former Admin be allowed to say something like this?
Topic on AR

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Jul 3 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]34524[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have to agree to that. I've more or less stopped going to the other site. This place rocks!
[/b]
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 04-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

LOL

What's this about former Admin?
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 04-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Did we have to bring the discussion over here?
Now Kosta will explode Tom.

Look what you has done.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 04-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Ho-ly Crap! I never thought something would be Possible...God.

Edit: Abandonware is better than Freeware cos Abandonware are Actuall Games! Freeware is Crap from someone who does this as Hobby. And, most of the time, Freeware is Crappy. Legal or Illegal does not Matter!

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 04-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
Himmler
Trollmaster General

well most of his friends are there ...so i guess he would be bored here...
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 04-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

What are you talking about David? Freeware is great.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 04-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

yes, piggy is right. what's so wrong about freeware? it doesn't matter if someone does the game as a hobby or as a work. some freeware games are realy great and belong to my favourites. but anyways, abandonware is waaay better=P
Old 04-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #8
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grinder @ Jul 4 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback]241388[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Should a former Admin be allowed to say something like this?
[/b]
*looks at title under my avatar*

Anyways, I honestly never expected that that statement of mine would be disrespectful to AB. Nor was that my intention. If someone feels hurt by that statement, then I apologize.

But I would also like to point to the entire conversation, which starts here.

All I did was welcomming a new member on AR, and try to make him feel at home in a forum, that I personally feel is really great. But I can see that that statement started a huge fuss, both in this topic, and in the introduce yourself topic - and, again, I apologize for that.

However, when the truth has to be said, I am an admin on both sites. The only difference (and the one I referred to in that post) is that I don't socialize on the AB forum anymore. Lately I have recieved so many threats from old members, and people have entered my MSN to start ranting at me for every single thing that I do on the AB forum - so yes, I do prefer socializing on AR. The atmosphere over there is much more to my liking. I still do my chores as an Admin on AB. Mostly this concists of banning bots, and help the moderators do their jobs. But also to do anything else that needs to be done, like addressing people who are breaking the rules.

And I still don't see where I was disrespectful in my post. I did not say that the AB forums is a horrid place - in fact, I encouraged the new AR member to join the AB forum. What I did do was state my personal preference. I did not throw any crap either way, but plainly said that I personally visit the AR forum more.

It's like a guy saying that he spends more time at his summer house, than he does in his real house.

Not once did I say anything bad about this forum, so I can't see the disrespect, but as I said: If anyone feels hurt by that statement, then I apologize.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #9
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Tom, I believe this a is a joke, and if it isn't, then I was joking, not so sure about anybody else

My Site -
Old 04-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
yes, piggy is right. what's so wrong about freeware? it doesn't matter if someone does the game as a hobby or as a work. some freeware games are realy great and belong to my favourites. but anyways, abandonware is waaay better[/b]
There are many good Freeware titles, and unfortunately ten times that number of bad ones. (which fortunately never make it to AR)

I don't see how Tom's post could be disrespectful, as he merely stated he enjoys AR much more then the original Abandonia - something he has all the right to.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Closed Thread